Hi there #TerkTribe!
Well, I’m FINALLY posting my Nashville City Guide featuring all my Nashville adventures! This summer has been jam packed with tons of work, travel, and family time. I wanted to make sure this post did my trip justice and really captured all the fun experiences we had in Nashville.
Back in June my assistant Ella and I went to Nashville for a week – and let me just say, it was the best! Our days were filled with great food and exciting events, and our nights were spent staying up til 3 a.m. having Jesus talks and pouring into each other. I had been to Nashville a few times in the past, but this was the first time I was able to truly explore the beautiful city. So, I am bringing you this Nashville City Guide full of all my favorite places! Trust me, I will be back very very soon!! (Hint hint: October)
Amazing, aesthetically pleasing atmosphere, friendly, and laid-back staff.
- BomBom: cuhhh-lassic acai bowl. A beautiful creation that left you wanting more…and more.. and then some more
- Pitaya: dragon fruit; less earthy taste; bright pink color; so yum
- Lemon Cayenne
- Green lemonade
- Cashew nut
So fun and modern– from the food to the scenery, it was any Millennials Instagram-worthy dream
How on EARTH did they come up with these deliciously healthy meals?!! Creative, artistic geniuses.
- ABC’s & 123’s: Blended acai berries, banana, almond milk, topped with sesame nut granola, fruit, and hibiscus maple syrup. There’s no way this meal can be this healthy when it tastes SO incredible.
- Hot Power Bar: Seared steel-cut oats, quinoa, peanut, date, Graham bar, tamari maple-glazed broccoli, bananas, greens, chile, lotus root
Initial thoughts: why is there broccoli on my breakfast????
Final thoughts: there should be broccoli on my breakfast everyday!!!
- Not Yo Mama’s Flapjacks: Toasted pecan & hemp-seed flapjacks roasted butternut squash, maple-sauteed oranges, and bananas, coconut whip. AHHHH-MAZING. Seriously. Fluffy, flavorful, and fun!
- Greens + Grains Frittata: Millet, quinoa, greens, leek, asparagus, and ricotta frittata, almond red pepper romesco
So yummy & filling. An interesting take on a classic dish
- Dr. Feel Good: greens, celery, cucumber, apple, ginger, lemon
- Good Vibes: carrot, orange, cucumber, ginger, lemon
- Help: turmeric, ginger, grapefruit, honey; disease fighting, anti-inflammatory, allergy relief
Such a great place with a pretty atmosphere. Friendly service
- Avocado Toast: avocado cream cheese adds extra little sweetness to the otherwise traditional avo toast
- Waverly Biscuit: The chef’s grandmother’s recipe: literally to die for been craving it since the last bite I took; sweet potato biscuit with eggs, cheese, bacon, and avo
- Firepot Chai: chai tea latte with a little spicy kick; yummy and pretty
- Iced Vanilla Latte
AMAZING service; from the managers to the hostesses to the servers, everyone was so polite and just nice, which of course only made the whole experience better
Great atmosphere to catch up with friends, have a summer date, or just grub out on some amazing food
Variety of gluten-free options; there’s never been an allergy they had to turn someone away for
- Guac: so good, fresh, and well-presented
- Tacos: falafel, **fried oyster (our fav), shrimp, chicken, **pork belly (convert vegetarians)
- Tuna Poke: our FAV from the day; so so so good
- Pork tamale/vegetable tamale: Definitely bringing my husband back to Nashville just to try these
- Grilled corn (on and off the cob): literally so good + fresh! They use a Mexican parmesan cheese that adds lots of good flavors
- Port Chester Reviver: so refreshing; martin miller’s gin, cucumber, mint, mango nectar, lime juice
- Margarita: libelula joven tequila + combier liqueur d’orange + agave syrup + lime juice
- Churros: to die for…. Seriously; served with chocolate rum sauce
- Key lime pie: craving it rn. I’m not even a big key lime pie fan but MAN this changed my mind!
Funky, modern, diner-like atmosphere. They have super friendly service!
- Pimento Mac-N-Cheese: honestly what is better than grilled cheese with macaroni and cheese on it? Throw in that pimento cheese and voila.
- Spinach & Artichoke Melt: can honestly say this is the best S & A dip I’ve ever had in between two pieces of bread
- Chocolate Milkshake
- Coffee Soda Float
Super friendly and personal!
Cutest idea ever = an old-fashioned truck that carries around the prettiest flowers you’ve ever seen.
Seriously there’s not one negative thing I could even say about Adele’s; incredible atmosphere.
Shoutout to our server and new best friend Ross.
- Bruschetta: (we learned how to actually pronounce it) ricotta, pickled red onion, seasonal fruit (peaches, strawberries), mint
- ***KALE SALAD: (Ella’s fav) kale, pecorino, anchovy dressing, breadcrumb
- Beet salad: beet, horseradish yogurt, quinoa, sunflower seed
- Tomato Salad: made by the chef
- Pasta: bucatini, all’amatriciana, guanciale, tomato, pecorino
- Pork loin: pork loin, sweet potato puree, peanut frill salad, bourbon maple syrup
- Southern coconut cake: I meannnn… YUM. It was so fresh and yummy we ate the rest for breakfast the next day!
- Chocolate Budino: with whipped cream and cocoa nibs; the perfect little cold dessert.
If you’re looking for an aesthetically pleasing environment to enjoy a gourmet bagel… hurry go RUN to this place. The food is so beautifully detailed. In the cutest little building beside Belmont, so there’s a constant stream of stylish students to inspire you while eating.
- Smashed Avocado: avocado, arugula, seared tomato, and pickled radish; the largest avo toast ever; if you love avocado this is the breakfast for you!
- Cinnamon bagel + birthday cake cream cheese: my mouth is drooling just thinking about this; the perfect sweet treat!
- Egg bagel + Smoked Turkey BLTA: house-smoked turkey, cherrywood bacon, seared tomato, avocado with balsamic drizzle & house made mayo; at first glance, we were hesitant about the flavor combo but it all works so well together; 10/10 would recommend.
- S’mores bar: the name says it all
Whew… that was a long one. Thanks for sticking with me through the whole Nashville City Guide. It was so worth it though, right?! Love Nashville. There are just so many fun spots.
P.s. Ella & I will be back in Nashville in October so if you see any spots we missed, please comment below!