We’re having a baby…what?! Sometimes it still catches me by surprise that David and I will be parents in a matter of months. We are overwhelmed with gratefulness with all the kind comments, support, and encouragement from everyone. How sweet is it that I get to share this first-time journey alongside you?!
So how did we find out? Was it a surprise? How excited are we? I’ve ALWAYS wanted to be a mom, and we’ve wanted to have kids since the day we’ve been married (honeymoon baby anyone?). Saying that, we weren’t necessarily “trying,” especially since we are moving to LA in the coming weeks.
But that’s the best part–we have received so much confirmation from the Lord about our big move, and now we have a little added luggage that He saw as part of the plan too! If you haven’t seen how we surprised our parents with the news, definitely watch our reveal video.
Now I’m 14 weeks, finally over morning sickness (I pray!) and excited to share with you more of my bumpdates.
14 WEEK BUMPDATE
- Due Date? September 4, 2018
- Any movement? Not yet!
- Baby size? The size of a kiwi.
- Cravings? I can’t stop eating super sour or salty things. You can pretty much find me these days holding water with tons of freshly squeezed lemons, really sour candy, salty snacks, or salt and vinegar chips. Also, anything carb-related runs my world right now–sandwiches especially. If you put it in between two pieces of bread, I’m probably going to eat it.
- Physical changes? My bump is popping out more than ever, my face hasn’t stopped breaking out, and let’s just say the pregnancy rumor about your boobs growing rings true for my A-cup-self too!
- What am I missing the most? Sushi and raw oysters, and of course, the medicine ball tea from Starbucks.
- Symptoms? From week 6 to 12, I was so sick in the mornings, not to mention tired. My narcolepsy added with pregnancy fatigue had me sleeping, eating, and repeating. Thankfully, I am starting to feel normal again.
- Tips and Tricks? Don’t be afraid to take some naps, they help with energy levels so much. If you’re hungry literally ALL the time like me, carry around snacky items like a dry bag of cereal so you can fill up on-the-go.
I’m so excited to share more updates along the way about my changing bump, our big move, and learning and growing alongside our little one as I experience this for the first time. I would love to hear any tips and tricks my experienced moms have for me! Even though there are a lot of unknowns and changes happening, I am so grateful for gifts far beyond what I could ever ask for or imagine.